Friday, June 12, 2015

Lady's Shoe

I'm sure you don't know this about me but I absolutely love fashion. I have sewn 99% of my own clothing for years. Of course I have to have the perfect shoes to complement my fashions. When I saw this new die it left me breathless with thoughts of the kinds of cards I could make for my fashion conscience friends! 



I started by cutting my inner mat of white cardstock and the 3 1/4" x 4 1/2" Stitched Rectangle Panel from the Elementals #1 Basic set. Then using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, I stamped the sentiment using the Girl Time Clear Stamp Set.Using both black and red cardstock I cut the new Lady's Shoe die. I removed the middle cut and the insides of the rear flowers from the black image. Next I cut the rear flowers apart from the main red image carefully, leaving the cutouts intact, and glued them under the outline left under the black cutouts. I then cut the lower part of the red shoe away removing about 1/4" away from the heel height. I offset this piece by about 1/16" lower and forward of the black shoe outline and glued them together. I wanted to give the appearance of the uber expensive "red bottom" shoes. Finally I added glue to the entire black shoe outline and the red insert and positioned it above the sentiment. I dug through my stash for the design paper and the bling (my absolutely favorite embellishment of all time) and added to a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" base and voila!


Challenges entered
Crafty Catz - W, 3E – Clean and Simple
Sister Act Card Challenge - Always Anything Goes (Cards only)
Creative Knockouts - Use You Stash
Crafter's Cafe - Anything Goes
Penny's Paper-Crafty - Use Your Favorite Embellishment
Fan-Tastic Tuesday - Anything Goes with a twist: Let's See some Bling
Through The Craft Room Door - Always Anything Goes
Top Tip Tuesday - Cut It Out 

Glitter Text Generator

8 comments:

  1. A fabulous shoe die, love the black and red together. Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday this week.
    Lorraine DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful shoe. Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for Fan-tastic Tuesday challenge 89 - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card, love the shoe and design. The bling really sets off the card beautifully. Thanks for joining our challenge at Penny's Paper Cracty and we hope to see you again, Jennifer DT member xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your shoe die and the sentiment. So glad your stash contained the bling. Perfect choice for the card!! Thanks for playing along with our "Use Your Stash" challenge at Creative Knockouts! Hugs, Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely card!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our “use your favourite embellishments” challenge over at Penny’s & good luck in the draw.
    Hope to see you again in our next challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)
    (DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)
    (DT Come and Get It)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that'd be awesome Rachelle if I could learn sewing from you because I like sewing (mainly simple home stuff and our simple traditional clothes; not more than that, lol). That very high heel shoes look fabulous! Love the bling! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door and I hope to see you again next challenge. Have a nice day :)
    Fondly,
    Asmah
    TTCRD DT
    Qinaahana Arts and Crafts {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful creation.

    Thanks for joining us at Penny's

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great sentiment Rachelle. This is a very elegant and sexy card! Love the black, white and red with the bling. Spot on!
    Thank you for playing along with our CAS challenge this week. Good luck!
    Nick

    ReplyDelete