Sunday, September 6, 2015

Joy to the World

I seem to be in the throes of either making Halloween or Christmas cards. This card is in the running as the Christmas card I'll send out this year.  I saw it in my mind and it came out just as I envisioned it!



This is a standard A2 sized card. I started with a dark blue base and cut a slightly smaller layer of 4 x 5" for the pale yellow underlayer.  Using the same cardstock as the base I used Frantic Stamper's Starfall Reverse Cut. Next I used Kraft cardstock and Frantic Stamper's new Bethlehem Edger. The "moon" was cut with iridescent glitter paper and a stitched circled die. Then I added Frantic Stamper's Three Wise Men Silhouette. Finally I used a die from Frantic Stamper's Elementals #1 set to cut a slot to highlight my sentiment. I further highlighted the sentiment using a gel pen. I love creating "scene" cards and this one is no different! Stop by franticstamper.com to see the latest die release.

Challenges entered
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas - must be Christmas twas the night before Christmas
Crafty Friends Challenge - use a sentiment
Sweet Stampin - let's get musical
Christmas Stampin' All Year Long -Must be Christmas- Anything Goes
Sister Act Card Challenge - Always Anything Goes (Cards only)
Winter Wonderland - must be Christmas – Add a Sentiment

Glitter Text Generator

3 comments:

  1. Amazing card sweetie, thank you so much for sharing with Sweet Stampin'. Hope you can join our new challenge tomorrow.

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "use a sentiment” challenge over at Crafty Friends.
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)
    (DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)
    (DT Come and Get It)
    (DT Crafty Friends)
    (DT Tuesday Throwdown)

    ReplyDelete